These cream cheese brownies unite cheesecake and chocolate lovers together into one big and very happy family. In fact, one enhances the other in this delicious union of flavors. This easy recipe can be prepared entirely with the use of a few mixing bowls, spatula and whisk. You normally have all ingredients available in the fridge or pantry. I mean, don’t we all keep Philadelphia cream cheese in stock, in the event we get a sudden urge to make marble or pumpkin cheesecake? Exactly.
I use Chipits chocolate chips but feel free to get as fancy as you want with your choice of chocolate. Isn’t this mix starting to look yummy already?
An 8 inch square pan is great for making all kinds of squares, I highly recommend it!
Make sure to use the regular cream cheese as opposed to whipped, which will not give you the same results. You could create a swirl at this stage with the cream cheese topping. I decided to go for the two tone effect and am pretty happy with the results!
- ½ cup all purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 oz mini chocolate chips
- For the cream cheese topping:
- 4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour an 8 inch square brownie pan.
- Mix ½ cup all purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sea salt, and set aside. Melt 6 oz chocolate chips and the two sticks of butter in the microwave and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar, coffee granules, and vanilla extract with a whisk until frothy. Incorporate the chocolate and butter mixture into the beaten eggs and stir with a spatula until well combined. Add the flour mixture. Toss the 3 oz mini chocolate chips with the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and add to the brownie mix. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
- Mix the ingredients for the cream cheese topping in a bowl and spread evenly on top of the brownie mixture. You can use a knife to create swirls at this point.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool brownies on a rack.
More brownie recipes for chocolate lovers…