This blueberry cobbler was so good out of the oven that someone in my family, I will not name names, licked the crumbs right off the plate after finishing a slice. Don’t look at me… I hope I have conveyed how much I love this dessert, and that you must try this at home! Highly recommended and Bake Bellissima approved. If you like blueberries, nearly one bowl recipes that are ready for the oven in 10 minutes, and avoid lugging out the heavy mixer at all costs, then you are in luck, because this recipe is exactly what you have been searching for!
The batter rises over the blueberries to become a buttery top crust that is pure bliss. I recommend making it in a spring form pan because it makes it easy to take out after baking. Somewhere between a fruit pie and a cake, the cobbler is gooey, sweet and is the perfect summer dessert. I like to use spelt but you can use all purpose flour if that is all you have available. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you can thank me later!
- 1 stick unsalted butter (or 8 tbsp margarine), melted
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk (or soy milk)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan and set aside.
- Combine the spelt flour, baking powder, salt, ½ cup sugar in a large bowl and mix with a whisk. Add the vanilla extract, milk, and the melted butter. Mix until the batter is smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with ⅓ cup sugar. Spoon evenly over the batter but Do Not stir or mix!
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the spring form and allow to cool.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.