Hello and welcome to Bake Bellissima! Take the time to review my collection of tried and tested recipes that I am so happy to share with you.
These tasty butter pecan cookies are a delicious treat for tea time. Serve with a hot steaming pot of your favorite brew and reward yourself for all that you do! A few tips: the cookie dough will be crumbly, but once you form into round balls, they will hold their shape. Make sure you turn the sheet in the oven halfway through baking for even browning.
This is the perfect cookie to gift for the holidays, and as a hostess gift. They are so easy to make, you can double the recipe, and they are a real crowd pleaser. Package as shown in the picture above and just wrap with cellophane and a pretty bow! Another beautiful holiday gift idea is my prize worthy recipe for pecan buttercrunch. Adapted from a chocolate textbook from the Culinary Institute of America, it is foolproof, so delicious, and I urge you to try it. Your friends and family will harass you for the recipe!
Happy holiday season!
Pecan Buttercrunch: (click on title for recipe)
- ¾ cup pecans
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar (plus more for coating)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat over to 350.
- On a baking sheet, toast pecans about 6 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool, finely chop.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and ⅓ cup sugar until light, about 1 minute.
- Beat in salt, vanilla, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze down to shape into balls.
- Roll in sugar. Place 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet topped with parchment paper. Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary).
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, rotating halfway through, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire tack.