This is a quick chicken recipe for busy weeknights that is delicious and satisfying. Serve with rice or noodles as a side dish and sautéed garlic broccoli.
Caramelized chicken with lime and ginger
- 2 tbspn grated ginger
- 1 tbspn lime juice
- 5 tbspn honey
- 2 tbspn soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package sliced mushroooms (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stems of cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice and water.
- In a large pan, heat vegetable oil to medium-high. Sauté the chicken about 3-4 minutes per side, until nicely browned. Set chicken aside. Add a bit of oil if necessary and salute mushrooms till soft. Set aside as well.
- Reduce heat to medium, and deglaze the pan with the prepared honey sauce. Allow the sauce to cook for 2-4 minutes until it has thickened. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro leaves and lime juice.