I cannot take all the credit for this delicious chewy s’more cookie recipe, it was a collaboration with my 2 best kitchen advisors, my daughters Sarah and Ava, 8 and 3 years old. Sarah is always pushing me to experiment and try new recipes. She brings me pictures of treats she found on Pinterest for inspiration. I can tell you that she was super pleased with this recipe. I know the cookies are good when she tries to sneak them out of the kitchen without my noticing she came back for more. That means they got an A+ from her, and she is not easy to please! Ava also loved the cookies and said they were “delish!”
As messy as it gets when you bake with kids, it is such a pleasure to see them glow with pride when they savor their creations. It makes the sugar and flour on the floor definitely more charming. Sometimes you just have to embrace the mess and get your hands dirty!
These s’more cookies are so delicious. The marshmallows get caramelized in the oven, bringing the flavor of summer cookouts right into your kitchen. Made with one bowl, these are super easy and quick to make, my favorite kind of recipe. Enjoy!
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 sticks softened (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a cookie sheet covered with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix both the white and brown sugar into the softened butter for approx. 3 minutes with a spatula until the mixture is creamy and light, and fully incorporated. Add the egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and gently combine. Add the flour mixture in 2-3 parts and mix until just incorporated. Add the mini chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop measuring about 1 teaspoon, place cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet. You can flatten these a little bit with the back of a spoon if you wish. Try to make sure marshmallows are not directly on the bottom of the pan to avoid burning them.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before placing on a rack to cool.