Nutritious juices and smoothies have grown in popularity immensely and I am always looking for great fruit and vegetable combinations, such as this banana, kale, and raspberry smoothie. Theloop21.com has a great collection of easy juice recipes you can browse. Smoothies that combine protein with vitamin-packed fresh produce are a great choice and will give you healthy fuel for your active day.
I have been making this delicious smoothie for lunch and I feel full for hours afterwards. The next time you find yourself tempted by a quick processed snack, reach for your blender and whip up this delicious recipe. It is sweetened by the banana and agave nectar, and a tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/2 cup yogurt make it filling and tasty.
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup shredded kale (with the stems removed as they are not broken down by a regular blender)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup ice (approx 6 large ice cubes)
- ½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp natural peanut or almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Tip: You can store washed and chopped kale in a ziploc by 1 cup measures with a paper towel in to absorb moisture. It will cut down prep time for the remaining days of the week!