Back to school week went pretty smoothly for us, I am glad to report, and I prepared fun snacks like these chocolate chip granola bars with sprinkles to make the lunchboxes are little more exciting. They help make the return to long days, uniforms, and homework, a little less dreadful. These yummy bars are loaded with sprinkles and I have to say they were so good. They won’t be this colorful s on a regular basis, but we all just really needed some sprinkles to start this school year …
Hope you all had a good return to your routines and enjoyed an amazing summer!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1½ cups Rice Krispies
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Bring the butter, brown sugar and honey to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir the mixture often
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and stir for another 2 minutes, until sugar mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and salt and mix to combine.
- Add the 2 cups quick oats, and Rice Krispies and make sure properly coated with the sugar-honey mixture.
- Once the mix has cooled a bit, mix the chocolate chips.
- Pour the granola mix into a prepared 9 X 13 cookie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten well and add sprinkles, making sure to press them in to the granola.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
- Slice the granola into rectangles with a sharp knife and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.