This blackened salmon dish is a big hit over at Bake Bellissima’s. The seasonings work so nicely together, and the cooking method leaves the salmon fillets super moist.
Heating the coriander seeds livens up the flavor of the spice, and makes the spice rub extra fragrant.
Tip: Make sure the oil in the pan is hot enough to sear the salmon properly. Enjoy this healthy and flavourful meal!
- 4-6 salmon fillets, without skin
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- For the spice rub
- 1 Tbs coriander seeds
- 2 Tbs sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1½ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat the coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, for a few until they are fragrant. Allow to cool for a few minutes and grind in a small grinder. You can also use a mortar and pestle for this purpose. Add the remaining spices, salt and lemon zest, and mix well.
- Coat the salmon fillets on both sides with the spice rub.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the salmon fillets for about 2 minutes per side. Place the pan in the oven to finish cooking for just 4-6 minutes depending on thickness. You want the salmon to be barely cooked in the center.
- Serve with lemon wedges.