This is my go-to recipe given to me by my mom, Raquel, for an easy and delicious chicken marinade that also works vey well with salmon. I make it countless times during the summer and year round, and everyone loves it! It is extremely simple with ingredients we always have on hand.
I love using chicken thighs, they have so much flavor and are always tender! You could however use chicken breasts, or drumsticks. If using on salmon, you can omit the mayonnaise, as the fish is tender enough on its own. Leave the marinade on for 6 hours up to overnight for chicken, and 1/2 hour for salmon.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon Montreal chicken spices (I use Mc Cormick's)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add the marinade ingredients. Mix until the chicken pieces are well coated. Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Heat a grill and cook the chicken thighs until nicely browned on both sides.