Hello! I am Lisa, the founder of Bake Bellissima, and I live in the beautiful city of Montreal, Quebec, with my husband and 3 kids.
I am a certified accountant who has traded in her calculator and pocket protector for a whisk and an apron! The love and curiosity about all things food related is in my genes, I come from a long line of family members with a passion for baking!
When I first started cooking as a newlywed, I bought cookbooks with recipes that were often complicated and lengthy, and as a beginner in the kitchen, I just did not have the patience. I always ended up calling my mom to get her simpler and delicious recipes. Over the years, I have collected many family recipes as well as from my favorite authors (Ina, Martha, more recently Yotam Ottolenghi, and many more.) This website is a place where I can share these delicious and simple recipes with you, so that cooking is not a chore, but a chance for you to easily create beautiful meals and treats.
- Kitchen tool: Kitchenaid stand mixer (mine is 15 years old, so retro and perfect)
- Movie: anything by Nora Ephon
- Novel: I read The Goldfinch by Donna Tart recently, and could not put it down!
- Show: Seinfeld forever
- Snack: nothing beats a warm chocolate chip cookie
- Montreal restaurant: Gibby’s, for nostalgic reasons
Please email me with any questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org