Fall is my favorite season because of how gorgeous our city becomes with the changing colors of the leaves, the back to school excitement, and fall fashion magazines are the best! But I have to say that I also love going to the supermarket and seeing the beautiful seasonal fruits and vegetables that are available this time of year like the pomegranate and pears in this delicious arugula salad.
The pears are perfectly sweet and the pomegranate seeds shine like rubies! The contrast in this salad between the pear and the goat cheese and arugula makes this salad so tasty! Try it for the holidays or just for a delicious lunch salad you can take to work, you will love it!
- 8 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 2 ripe pears, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese or feta, cubed
- ¼ cup pistachios, toasted
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar with salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil unit well incorporated.
- Combine the arugula with the pomegranate seeds, pear slices, pistachios, and cheese. Toss with the salad dressing.